Running virtual events with photo competitions is easy and free with hoofpick.click!
Simply create an Event on Hoofpick as you would normally.
Complete the Basic Information fields
For the From and To Dates you can enter the date and time you will start taking entries, to the date and time you will finish taking entries.
For the location you can still put your centre’s address, or the area you are accepting entries from.
Give a detailed Description
Including details such as:
- The classes (and reference number)
- How they will be judged
- The rules
We suggest creating a full class schedule with this information and uploading it as a PDF file in the Media section.
Each class needs a Class reference number. Use an abbreviation of your centre's name, the class number and name, to easily locate their video on hoofpick.click by searching for this reference.
For example, Hoofpick is running a Best Head Shot class:
Class reference number: HP 1 Head Shot
- This can be any head shot of a horse or pony. It can be taken in a headcollar, bridle or while loose in the field.
- Open to riders and handlers of any age, however entrants aged 16 and under must have their parent’s permission before entering.
- Photographs with water marks will not be judged.
Entry Fee: £2
Prizes: Prize money up to 10th place depending on number of entries.
Explain how to enter:
- Choose which class(es) they want to do and enter through app / online
- Upload their photo to hoofpick.click
- Complete the 'Name of Horse and/or Rider' field
- Complete the 'Add Class reference number' field (e.g. HP 1 Head Shot)
Tell riders when the Entry Closing Date will be for photos to be uploaded.
Title each class with the Class reference number. Riders MUST include this reference when uploading their photo for you to easily find/judge it.
Then finish submitting the details for your Virtual Event.
You can see live Virtual Event examples here.
Running the Virtual Event
You will receive entries through your Hoofpick account - Event Booking. These will have the usual information including horse & rider’s name, contact details, entry fee paid, and class(es) they entered.
To view and judge the photos, go to hoofpick.click and search for the Class reference number e.g. HP 1 Head Shot. All photo entries with this reference will appear in the search results.
Share the results of the Virtual Event with all riders in your blog (this will automatically appear in your Hoofpick App and/or Website) and share on your social channels (you can share the winning photo(s) if you get permission).